Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Wednesday

Not feeling great today, I have some sort of a stomach bug. I wonder if this was the reason J was up most of the night. Sometimes I wish he could tell me what was wrong. He did tell this little girl at the library what was up though. She was so cute, little-maybe 2, had a pacifier in. She walked square up to J and pulled the pacifier out and said, "hi!". He promptly panicked and yelled "Uh-oh!" over and over again and then ran away. I had to bite my lip to keep from laughing out loud and disturbing everyone in the whole library. I think he said it because he thought the little girl lost her pacifier. But I think the sentiment that girls are uh-oh, well that's just so true little man.

I got 4 alphabets in the mail from Simple Scrapbooks for winning their contest, they are so cute. I need to make my friend Janel a belated birthday card with them. Otherwise I've been playing with SC kits. I created a fusion between last month and this month:



Do you see that dimple? Cracks me up. Scenic route, Cosmo Cricket ribbon and KI buttons.

Ok, what you want to know. And there are a lot of you on here the past day, I hope you will say hi! I was shocked beyond belief to be a finalist (one of 12) for Cosmo Cricket's Design Team call. Here's the story. I sent in my email after I learned about the call like everyone else. Then I went to my stash, where I pulled out 1 piece of CC patterned paper, CC chipboard shapes and Letters, and a package of ribbon. That's it. I posted my couple layouts with CC here on my blog, not all together, but spread out like I normally do. Then I saw all the other applicant's beautiful blogs and projects, and in my head heard that door slam shut. And I made a note to self. Self, have more stuff on hand before a call (first timer). I've only been scrapping like this for about 6 months, I don't have a LSS, so the only CC I have is from Memorable Seasons or Studio Calico kits. Anyway, I shifted my energy to my friend Jen, who is super talented and really wanted a spot. I opened the tread yesterday expecting to see Jen's name, and congratulate her. Imagine my surprise to see my real name on 2 peas. It took a little while to sink in. I still keep wondering if someone else has the same name, maybe it's really not me.

That said, I applied because I love Cosmo Cricket, I think they have super cool products that I would love to work with. I believe everything happens for a reason, and I'm very excited about the wonderful opportunity that I've been given. I love a good challenge, but I'm nervous about what comes next. And of course, I placed an order for some Cosmo last night. :)

Happy Belated Birthday Janel! Hope the sun is shining on you!

11 comments:

waleska said...

congrats on CC and good luck on the next round!!
hope you feel better :)

Jen Martakis said...

EEEEKKKK!!! Danielle!!! I had no clue that they announced finalists. I am soooo happy and excited for you!! You know, I'm going to be your little cheerleader. lol

Kimber-Leigh said...

congrats! so excited for you!

joanne (spagirl) said...

hey danielle... congrats on cosmo cricket! soooo very cool!! i can't wait to see what you design for them!
feel better too... (i'll update soon, i promise!)

Sweet Peripety said...

This is soo great! Congrats! You know, I am glad you shared your story of submitting b/c it gives hope to others who A: Don't have a whole lot of one company. B: Are just plain nervous and are without lots of confidence(not that you don't have confidence). Anyways, I hope that makes sense. WAY TO GO!

janel said...

Thanks so much for your birthday wish....having you in my life is a wonderful gift...so I am hoping you will put your energies into your next CC challenge....and know that I am cheering you all along this journey. Have a great day!!!

Alex Hardy said...

LOVE that page.
cool that you combined the SC kits!

Alex Hardy said...

ETA:
Way to go on the CC DT call ... good luck!

Allison said...

Super exciting Danielle!!! Way to go girl. Good luck with the finals.

And the 'uh oh' story - TOO cute!

Jenn said...

COngrats on CC! It just goes to show you never know, right? Good Luck with the next round and I adore your LO!

Beate said...

Wow, this was just awesome! Love everything about it. TFS