Wednesday, June 11, 2008

The apple of my eye

Normally the story is on the layout.
Yesterday the story was the layout.

I finished the layout below and J woke up from his nap. I showed him this layout and he wanted to touch the apple. No biggie, I let him. Then I snuggled with him a bit, he was still sleepy. When he was ready to go get some water, I stood up and gathered up a few papers off the floor. All I heard in the other direction were Barnie Rubble feet running down the hall, and the sound of giggling. Infectious giggling. He swiped the apple. I didn't even have to look to know it was gone.

I almost didn't catch him I was laughing so hard. And I didn't take it off him either, just wanted to supervise in case he decided to eat it. (Choking hazard for sure.) Oh did we laugh. And that's really as seriously as I take all of this. :)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love how you used the apple charm!

What is it about fruit snacks? My DD loves them, too.

Sweet Peripety said...

That is a very sweet layout!

Ally said...

Oh - now that IS funny!

Alex Hardy said...

that page [& your story] are THE CUTEST!

Michelle said...

Funny story and beautiful page!

Erin M said...

My favorite part was the "barney rubble feet"!
Too funny--tfs.
Erin

Anonymous said...

that is too funny - and i don't blame him one bit if he tries to eat it. I think those beads look edible too :)

waleska said...

too funny! oh, my boys LOVE fruit snacks too :)

Denise said...

Gorgeous layout! I love the story of your son. That is so darn cute adn funny!