Thursday, June 5, 2008

Recycling

I have a lot of emails I'm trying to catch up on, so if I owe you a reply bare with me. We had horrible T-storms, and tornadoes, and lost power from 2 pm to about 10 pm. At least a tree didn't fall on my car, this happened to a next door neighbor here yesterday. That just sucks.

This is a layout for my design team work at Memorable Seasons. I love the new My Mind's Eye Out and About line. But I have to confess, I didn't cut up the paper. I cut the advertisement on the front of the package for the layout. This is a new low in hoarding for me, to not actually cut paper, just the packaging. I prefer to think of this as the ultimate in recycling. :) I'm so in love with the colors, it's great for a little boy. The letters are Cosmo Cricket.



The card is also a recycled piece. I didn't want this K & Company glitter paper for scrapping, not with a little boy. But I liked it. And it did make a really cool thank you card for my friend Susan (she loves glitter, she will love it).



Today J and I are going to swim in the baby pool in the yard, I'm hoping for some good pics for the mini album. I'm seriously nervous wreck about the mini, and here is why. If a layout isn't going well, I finish it and move on. What do you do if the album takes a dive?

10 comments:

joanne (spagirl) said...

that layout is gorgeous! love that you recycled the packaging!! the card is sweet too!! ahhh, minibooks! when i get reallllllly stuck... i find a sketch and repeat it a couple times... it helps so that i can finish it!! you'll have to show us when you are done!

Anonymous said...

this is why i still have half a Christmas album to complete ;) I swear, I have scrapper's ADD - can't stick with one long enough to finish it!

liz mataraza said...

i did that with my cosmo packaging too! the little pics on the cover of the package...they're the perfect size for scallop punches! don't feel bad. you're not the only one!

Vee said...

isn't this weather wild and crazy!!!! love your layout, have fun swimming today!

~Amie~ said...

lovely card and layout! the recycled paper looks great!

stephanie howell said...

beautiful work, my friend.
hope you are having a wonderful day!
xo

janel said...

I always use the BG front packaging in the collection packs to scrap with...I like the reduced size. I say...go for it. Hope the sun is shining on you...rain here...and more rain. I am getting soggy, and eating way too many cookies. I need to get outside. Wish I was there to sit by the pool with you.

Kip said...

I use the packaging all the time in my projects!

Michele Kovack said...

Your LO is gorgeous!!! If it isn't going well.....it sits and collects dust. If it is a gift, I will push on because my family loves it even if I don't!

Unknown said...

Saw your CRAWL LO in ScrapStreet...fantastic!! You've inspired me today! :D