Sunday, June 22, 2008

Doing my part

To stimulate the ecomony this weekend. I never go shopping. I actually hate it, too many choices. My motto is make do, go without, wear it out. But, I guess you can only make do and then go without for so long. I realized this weekend that I have only one pair of shorts, the rest were from high school/college (10 yrs old). And they were looking pretty bad. I didn't own a pair of sandals. And I still didn't have a bathing suit, only the one that was about 4 sizes too small.

The 3 of us spent a great weekend together, but my dh forced me to go shopping. He insisted on it. So, I got a new pair of crocs and keens shoes (on sale 15-20% off each) at this outdoor store. I got 2 pairs of shorts at Kohls. And I finally got a bathing suit at South Moon Under. This is the suit, I wish her chest came as an add-on. :)


The bathing suit was not on sale, which 1/3 of the way through summer, I wasn't happy about. So, I'm feeling a little less like the frumpy monster ate me. Now, I'm just sort of nibbled on. :)

I worked on some projects for a guest design team position. Here are some peeks, hope I can post soon.


How was your weekend?

14 comments:

Ally said...

GREAT suit choice! Your husband is a good man! Although he could have nominated you for TLCs What Not to Wear and while it would have come with a 5K shopping spree, it also would have come with a bit of humiliation which I am never sure is quite worth it.

sally said...

Love the sneak peeks!!! can't wait to see the full projects!! and good for your DH...you deserve some fun new things just for you!!!

Kristii said...

Love the suit!!! ...Add ons...lol!!! I can so relate! The sneaks are awesome!! You totally rock girl!

Denise said...

Cute suit! I loved your comment about the add on. Now that would make swim suit shopping fun. Yes...I will take that chest and that stomach. I could get the body I have always wanted. LOL!

Michelle said...

Love the sneak peeks! And the swimsuit is totally cute!

waleska said...

very cute swimsuit! I went shopping for one yesterday and would you believe none of the 'cool' stores had a one piece? gosh, I feel so old... LOL

Jenn said...

I like the suit! so glad you were able to go shopping and pick out some stuff! I have the opposite problem, i can't stay out of the store! LOL!

Lisa said...

Love your swimsuit, I really need to get a new one. Great sneak peeks, looking forward to seeing them in full.

janel said...

Hi
Had a great weekend, I will share later. Wowee, when I opened that post and saw that suit...I thought...Oh, La La!! Those are some add ons! Darling choices.
Have a great Monday!

liz mataraza said...

very nice! love the colors. very st. tropez looking...

i wish i was forced to go shopping! but really, i try not to. my taste (that just means i want everything) sure as heck doesn't fit our budget.

The Mom said...

I love your sneaks!!
That suit is beautiful!!!

Sweet Peripety said...

That is a great suit! What a nice DH you have. I love it when the guy realizes you need to shop! LOL! Have fun with your guest spot. That's exciting!

Monica Jo said...

Congrats On round 2 for cosmo cricket. Best of luck to you

Allison said...

Ick, I hate shopping too. Glad your trip was fruitful! :)