Monday, June 30, 2008

Life is Burritoful

I just want to say I am overwhelmed and blown away by the support of the people who comment on this blog. And I'm totally shocked by how many of you are all jacked up on soda and caffeine as we speak. At least I'm in good company. :)

I believe the secret to life is Mexican food. I hope and pray that when it's my time that St. Peter meets me at the gate wearing a sombrero and handing out tacos. That's my heaven. On earth, the best place I've found so far is Chipotle. We go every Sunday night. It's the day of rest and rice and beans. Everything is wonderful there, everything. Add guacamole and it's even better. If you don't live near a Chipotle, well I'd consider moving or opening your own. Really. Add a Jones soda, and life is beautiful. After it's all over though, I'll have to clean said rice and beans off the entire kitchen because J uses his hands to shovel it in. :(

We bought some movies this weekend-Madagascar and Over the Hedge. I would love to have bought Kung Fu Panda, but it's only in theaters. I can't take my 1.5 yr old, so I guess I'll have to wait. Have you seen it? Was it good? How appropriate is it for 1.5 yr old?

And I'm an awful friend. I forgot one of my best friend's birthday. So sorry sunni-j. I hope this makes up for it: (Micheal Miller Fabric Paper)



This is my latest Scribble Scrabble layout with the Baby Circus line (I think I'm going to start photographing 12 x 12 layouts on an easel, it's frustrating to get the borders straight because the layout is so heavy):



And this is just because (My Mind's Eye Paper with Cosmo Cricket letter):



Happy Monday everyone! And stay tuned, the Cosmo Cricket goodness should be arriving any minute now...

15 comments:

janel said...

How fun that I am first this morning. Thank you SO much for the beautiful greeting....you are so sweet! Love ya! Can hardly wait until we find out about CC. You know who needs to know right away...right?
Have a great day...and oh yea, Chipolte is one of my very favorites..we actually have two in our town.

Anonymous said...

I love how you used the monogram in the Just Because card. I love monograms but never know just how to use them.

Oh, and I'm with you on the soda thing. I love it. It's not even the caffeine I'm addicted to, just the as you put it, "sugar and bubbly" lol. I gave it up when I got pregnant/breastfeeding. I'm more careful with what I do to my son's body. I now have an average of 1 Sprite a week. Which, as far as soda goes is about the least unhealthy.

Jen Martakis said...

We have a Chipotle's somewhat near us and I have to admit that I've never eaten there. *gasp* I will now have to go and try it though. Love your layout! It's so great to see your layouts of J cause my Andrew is about the same age. He turned 1 in Feb. So how in the world do you get your little man to watch tv? Mine is too busy getting into everything. lol

Jen Martakis said...

I'm back again....wanted to let you know that I tagged you on my blog. Let me know if you play along! :)

renee said...

Great projects. I am with you on photographing projects. I may try your suggestion.

Unknown said...

Love the card! Am totally addicted to Diet coke and coffee and my inlaws are coming into town for 2 weeks because the girls have their birthdays in 2 weeks. Just a little nuts here...pass the Black Bean Burrito please - and yes I do want sour cream, cheese and guac with that - thanks!

Val said...

we don't have one near me in Ontario I don't think... but they sound way yummy! like your cards!

So Many Scraps said...

love both those cards! SO wish I could drink just one soda! I believe I have been 4 years of soda free now, might be longer! The med I am on makes anything carbonated taste like you dropped a couple aspirin in them! YUCK! GReat post!

Vee said...

beautiful page! I could use some caffeine right now, got up extra early to workout, now I am seriously dragging! Fireworks are everywhere here, awesome one's on the mall if you want to brave the crowds, but old towne and fairfax city are just as spectacular. I am watching them from the national harbour this year! :)

Anonymous said...

I love the Chipolte sermon! I, too, am a loyal member of the Church of Chipolte. Good schtuff!

Lyn said...

beautiful cards and layouts! i am sipping some delicious orange soda as i sit here and type! so bubbly!

Anonymous said...

And i think I just misspelled CHIPOTLE. Some congregation member I am.

Allison said...

OMG! Someone else used the word 'burrito' in a blog title! LOL I'm totally with you on the Mexican food. And the LO photographing frustrations. Arg. I need to work on that. Beautiful projects! :)

Libby said...

Mexican food ROCKS. We have Taco Tuesday and sometimes we'll improvise as an excuse to have it again mid week, like Frijole Friday, etc. And don't feel bad...I too have a 18 month old and the rest of my family went to Kung Fu Panda without me. Talk about takin' one for the team!

camport said...

just slammed a frappuccino, felt it appropriate to comment...

We just saw Kung Fu Panda last week and it was awesome. I thought it was one of the better animated movies they've put out lately. No hidden agendas for brainwashing children whatsoever. I say that tic, but I've been frustrated over "hidden" comments that they tuck in there thinking kids won't notice.

:)