Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Has it really been 72 hours?

We have had some sleep issues at my house. J has decided sleep is not for him. He started Friday afternoon really fighting naps, then on it went, for the next 72 hours. By Sunday night, he was a terror. My better half and I spent 3 hours Sunday trying to get him to calm down and go to sleep. He has been such a champion sleeper, I don't know what happened. I racked my brain, but could not find a cause--not sick, teething, hungry, wet, unhappy, lonely. I just don't know. Yesterday morning was the very worst, tired, cranky, unwilling to nap. I was about ready to put a stamp on his forehead and go walk him down to the mailbox. Send to anywhere else. But, yesterday afternoon the cycle finally resolved itself. He took a 2.5 hour nap, we went to the park to celebrate when he got up, and bedtime was much better/normal. So I made this:

I got to meet Ali on Sunday. I liked her instantly, she came over without hesitation to us with J in the stroller. I could have talked to her for hours, felt like I'd known her for years. We have lots in common, and it's so nice to talk to someone who gets everything about my life--scrapping, military, being a mom, all of it. She's delightful and I hope to hang out with her again soon.

Until tomorrow.

4 comments:

Kathleen Summers said...

Aw, that's a sweet layout. Sorry about the sleeping difficulties, but glad they seem to be resolved now!

XOXOXO

ali mclaughlin said...

Ahh thanks girl! Enjoyed meeting you too! Hope your little one gets back to sleeping soon!

Anonymous said...

oh hope you are a little bit caught up on the zzzzz's! that's always tough - both my kiddos did it, and there never seemed to be a real reason. well, now you have a good excuse to catch a nap!

janel said...

Hey kiddo, so happy to see this darling layout. Your litle one isn't looking so little as he used to. So glad you had a great weekend!