Friday, March 7, 2008

"Bee bo"

Darn that Sandra Boynton giving kids bad ideas. Since we got her Belly Button Book, my kid is obsessed with my "bee bo." It's driving me crazy. Apparently it is no fun to play with your own bee bo. This all sounds very bad.

Let me start anew. I got my PB board, but I haven't taken it out of the box yet. Maybe after dinner. The scraproom is in shambles. I'm having one of those days where I should have just not scrapped anything. I feel like everything is sucking, not living up to my expectations. I hate those days. I think it is a form of scrappers block, where I can still create, I'm just convinced it all sucks. I don't know whether to take a break, or work through it. Anymore I try to tell myself, "what did you learn?" I always learn something (normally many things) from a layout. How not-to-do something is normally on the top of the list.

Maybe it's the weather. Hope you all have a great weekend. If you stop by leave me your advice for scrappers block!

5 comments:

ali mclaughlin said...

I am having scrappers block now too, I usually just take a break from it for a few days.

janel said...

Just look at that sweet picture and know that in 10 years it won't matter what it looks like according to what is "in" today, or what any mag would want, or what new technique is in vogue...the only thing that really matters is you have it on paper and have written down something that you want to remember. Don't be so hard on yourself....some days it is easy and some days it just is difficult...roll with it and appreciate every moment! Sorry I am giving "mom" advice! Hugs!!!!

janel said...

Oh...and I wanted to say....

"what a darling layout"!!!!

betsy (pharmgirl) said...

What a beautiful layout! If you scrapped that during a scrapper's block, then you have nothing to worry about!

What do I do? . . . hmmmmm . . . . first, I clean my scrap area. Then I take out my sketch book and just start sketching ideas and thoughts - I don't touch my scrapping supplies for a while! It'll come back, for sure!

D's Paper Studio said...

Seeing pictures of my beautiful granddaughter usually shakes me loose. But if I'm really stuck, I go and work on another hobby of mine. Photography. I'm not great, but it relaxes me to take pictures.