Monday, September 21, 2009

Alive, I think

Still recovering from my cold. I haven't had anything terribly exciting to blog about and I suspected you could do without my reporting every sneeze and nose wipe. I am fairly certain we had a flu, don't sure if it was "the flu." (H1N1) But it was brutal. We did not go to the doctor though, neither J nor I developed any complications that I felt like I had to pull the parachute. We are finally recovered. J is about 95% recovered. I am about 90%, I'm a day behind him.
Still scrapping, though not as much since I've been sick. I've been doing more CMEs. It's easier for me to read in bed (and fall asleep). I did try to scrap on Friday night last week, but I was sitting leaned up against the closet door and I fell asleep. Scared myself silly when I woke up. So, I didn't try again until last night. I was in a Fall mood after walking the dog in crisp cool night air:
My Little Vampire
Supplies: American Crafts Glass Slippers Thickers Mulberry; American Crafts Hocus Pocus Thickers Accents Black; plus Pink paislee Twilight Eclipse patterned paper and punch out.
I love these thickers. Can you tell they are smooth? The glitter is encased. Love that, love the font especially. Definitely a new favorite of mine, and I'm not that much of a bling girl.
Things are still rolling along on the house. We probably will not move until Dec. or so. I was offered a really awesome guest design team position in the next month or so, keep an eye on this blog for a giveaway connected with that. It's something I've always wanted to win myself when I've seen it given away on other blogs. I wanted to give my regular readers a heads up before it happens. Happy, Monday! Until tomorrow.
PS If I didn't make it, I think this is heaven. They let me scrap here! :)

16 comments:

Lauren said...

GREAT layout design and those thickers are yummy...

EWhyley said...

Ohh loving the glass slipper thickers.. I haven't seen them close-up before.. they look fab bd LOVE the LO!!
Em x

Murphy's Law said...

ooooooooooooooo love love love your lo!!! its awesome! and the thickers. yummy. can't have too many.

lisatoronto said...

oh, that is really cute-- love it!

Julie Ann Rachelle Interior Design said...

Awesome design!!!

I hope you feel better!

xoxo,
JA
2peas

http://julieannshahin.blogspot.com

*reyanna* said...

Sorry everyone was sick! Glad you're feeling better. I'm sick. Two weeks now, and it sucks! BAD! GAH! I'm starting to get really frustrated... sitting at the computer even wears me out! LOL.

SO cute layout too! I don't usually like *crazy* ;) fonts like this, but you rocked them! :)

Unknown said...

Love that fabulous LO! Can't wait to hear about your guest DT position, and I hope you are back to 100% soon!

mborrero said...

cute cute cute

namaste
Melina

living, creating, and appreciating
~my blog
Daisy girl for Color Me Daisy

Denise said...

I am glad you are recovering and actually wish you were at 100%. Those Thickers are awesome and perfect for the vampire theme. Your layout is fantastic. You scrap great when you are sick. i make cr....junk when ill. :o)

Sasha Farina said...

oh you poor souls.. still not at 100%? *hugs* ... get well my dears..!

ps : yummy thickers, even yummier layout!

Lindsay said...

Adorable page - you have sold me on those Thickers! I was on the fence about them. So glad that you all are finally feeling a bit better. Can't wait to hear more about the Guest DT position! :)

my paper love studio said...

love this LO & design ... and those thickers are just yummy!!

deb famularo said...

I hope you both feel better soon. This has to be one of my faves of yours, super cute!!!! And congrats on your guest position! love deb

Larajc said...

Hope you are feeling 100% soon! Love your layout too. I am in the Fall and Halloween mood. And I know it is still > 1 month away. But it excites me...love Halloween. Those Thickers are awesome, I think!

Lisa Dorsey said...

That layout is amazing girl! LOVE how you did that title. I may have to snag some of those thickers.

Hope you are feeling 100% real soon.

Hugs,
Lisa

ellen s. said...

feel better!
and very cool, lo! gets me all excited for fall