Friday, October 3, 2008

I appreciate him. . .

Not very happy right at the moment. Just got out of the shower and I can't find my makeup bag anywhere. I know who is behind this (J), but I can't seem to figure out where he would hide it. So, until then, no lipstick or under eye concealer for me. absolute joy.

Aside from this recent trauma, we have had a splendid week. Spending lots of time with dh, and I've cooked a lot recently. Not much scrappy happening, hopefully this weekend. 

His graduation went well. It was a lot smoother than I anticipated. I just couldn't imagine my child sitting still for more than 5 mins. The ceremony was only 20 mins long, and I swear I checked my watch 10 times during it. There were a handful of other children there, some older, some younger, some the same age. None seemed to be as restless as mine. I know that every child is different, but it just seems to me that mine is much more intense than most. And much more active. But he was like this in the womb, kicking constantly the whole time. I feel as though people judge me to be a "bad" parent because he is like that, constantly on the go. But he has always been this way.  I'm learning to work with it, and not against it. I can't change who he is, nor would I want to.

The ceremony itself was so nice. I caught just a few phrases that made me proud:
"The best of the best." 
"The best the military has to offer."
"The family is the strength of the soldier, the soldier is the strength of the military, the military is the strength of the nation."
I don't have any pics that I can share. There will be no parades or public displays of gratitude for what he does. He is as always, the quiet professional. But he is there, defending our nation proudly, doing what he does. 
An unsung hero. That's my love. **

**Who incidently just found my makeup, hidden under the sink behind the toilet paper. :)

Here is another Cosmo Haunted card:

Supplies: Cosmo Cricket Haunted Patterned Paper: Nevermore and Them Bones ; Cosmo Cricket Haunted Rub-ons; Cosmo Cricket Pumpkin Blackboard with Adhesive diecut sticker plus white card from Michael's and Martha Stewart punch.

Instructions: Punch fence border in Nevermore Patterned paper. Add Them bones patterned paper on top of it. Adhere both to white card. Apply Haunted rub-on phrase "hey pumpkin". Apply Haunted rub-on flare underneath pumpkin. Dress Blackboard pumpkin with his matching diecut sticker and apply on top of flare rub-on. Giggle, because the pumpkin is so charismatically goofy.

TGIF

7 comments:

Susan Beth said...

Thank you that you support him and are the family behind the soldier who makes up the stregth of our nation! It is important. And don't you worry about that active boy. Try to think of him as engaged with the world. My son was/is the same way. I would so much rather have a child who wants to explore and know his surroundings than a child who is passive but unhappy. He will learn limits as you work with him, but that engaged approach to the world has the highest of potential for his growing up and adult years! Savor it! And people who don't see that and think you are a "bad" parent do not see a long term and need to go somewhere that I don't think it would be polite for me to talk about here.

Denise said...

Don't worry about those others, who seem to be judging you. They don't matter. Like Susan Beth said...I too would rather have an inquisitive child, who was happy. One of my nephews seems to be a little like your son. I wouldn't want him any other way. For the trying times there are double the joy-filled times. :o)

liz mataraza said...

what a wonderful statement made at the graduation and so very, very true!

my little owen is always on the go...but it results in very lengthy naps!

Lauren said...

Cute, cute card! I love that Cosmo pumpkin.
Happy World Card Making Day!

Sweet Peripety said...

You know, I think that the challenge will someday reveal itself as a wonderful blessing, although it already has ;) It's sometimes hard NOT to compare our kids to other children...I am guilty of that, as I feel my own children our more energetic and on the go than most of my friends' kids. **HUGS***
LOVELY card, too!!

janel said...

Goose bumps!
Great post, and so happy you had a wonderful week.

Anonymous said...

Glad you (he) found the make-up. A hero in more ways than one! :)