Monday, August 30, 2010

Brighter Skies

Hi all. Thank you so much for your concern, I guess I've been quieter then even I thought. I don't mean to be, I'm just busy. Feeling really good about everything though, I feel like I've found a really good fit for me with the office I chose to work in. And J loves his school, and slowly but surely I'm fitting in some crafting on the weekend nights. Today I just feel really lucky and feel like I'm finding balance again. Until the next time the apple cart topples. :) I think that I thought that scrapping and working were mutually exclusive and I'm pleased to find that is not the case. Let's see what happens when we throw the holidays into the mix. :)

Here are some layouts made with Cocoa Daisy's Brighter skies. This first one was made for a sketch challenge we are having in Sept, that's why it looks like my style thrown in a blender. But I kind of like it.
And this one is to help me remember my son singing his ABC's and how amazing it is to watch a child learn. If you know me, you know how very much I love Jenni Bowlin and it physically hurt me for like 10 mins after I decided to do this with the alphas. But it's ok. :)
This one is about that gut-wrenching first day for mom, um, I mean J. :) I love those basic grey fabric buttons, I'd like one in every color/style please. :)
Lastly, I was going to make a card with this paper that said on the front It's not complicated and on the inside put, I love you. And then the more I thought about it, the more I knew that I was feeling this because sometimes J looks at me like he doesn't know what planet I'm communicating from. Why doesn't mum want me to jump on the couch? So, this was my way of feeling understood, even though I know it's futile as he is too young. But it will still be relevant when he puts his hands on his hips and gives me that look when he's a tween so I'm not worried about it. :)
And that's it. Hope you have a good Monday. Until tomorrow.

8 comments:

Kelly Massman said...

Love the layouts! especially the ABCs!

anne29 said...

very nice pages, I love all of them!

BabyBokChoy said...

I think last time I saw you use the Basic Grey's basics stuff, I rushed out and bought a pack, now I have them all, I can just use them. Really really good, especially that last one!!!

Lisa Dorsey said...

WOW, WOW, WOW girl! Love all of them! Glad things are feeling more in balance. Have missed seeing your work.

janel said...

I cannot believe how big J looks with his backpack...makes me feel OLDer than I feel. Great pages, and yes, it is a short week soon.

Keshet said...

Love these, especially the "more complicated" one. Love the paper you chose for that! And glad things are settling in--all adjustments take time, but you can do it!

Lisa Dickinson said...

LOVe the whole-sheet-of-JBD-alphas page! ;)

Vee said...

he is getting so big, love all of your layouts! we will have to meet for chipotle soon when you have a day off! xo