Wednesday, August 4, 2010

About Chuggington

My little guy has fallen off the wagon with potty training. I've tried for months with no success to bring him back to the table, er potty. This all came to a head last week where I insisted that he use the facilities before we headed out for school and he refused, loudly at the top of his lungs and ran away. That's when I knew that we were pretty polarized on the issue and it was going to take something big and magical to bring both parties back to the table. Enter interactive Chuggington:

The trains and everything talk. We have been excited about it for a long time. So I bought the set with the tracks, and 5 trains (6 if you include Wilson and Vee with the track set). I use this company in the UK--Toys Direct. They are awesome. The site converts pounds to dollars, and it shipped and was here in under 4 days. I'm just a satisfied customer is all and when you look at what they are charging on amazon for chuggington toys, the prices are totally ridiculous.

So, my whole counter top is full of talking Chuggington (like I need anymore lip from anyone when I make dinner, geez.) And we have a list going-12 potty trips gets him the first train. He still has about 6 to go, so he's doing well. He's motivated I'll give him that! Me, I'm just hoping it will buy about a week or two of time, something to get a routine down so that he can stick with it. Wish me luck, I'm going to need it. Happy Wednesday to you! Until tomorrow.

6 comments:

BabyBokChoy said...

Good luck to you. Potty training is the pits!!! So glad that you have found something motivating for him and you'll have picturs galore to scrap! I just remember my furrowed brows and extremely disapproving looks at my children whilst they went through training, sigh...

Linda Beeson said...

We have a little guy here who is madly in love with trains so we need to look into that set! Cute and good on the incentive.

NoraAnne said...

Great incentive plan ;) From what I've seen it's very normal for them to fall off the potty! It happened with Luke and then one day it was like a lightswitch went on and he was ready and never looked back! GOOD LUCK!

lisa said...

Hi Danielle, He'll get there in the end. Good Luck xx

Lisa Dorsey said...

Good luck! Looks like a fabulous set. Hope it works well!

Keshet said...

Wishing you lots of luck wit hthis, ack!