Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Rebel

I'm probably not supposed to do this, but I just had to show you a little bit of this kit. It's the 4th of July kit from AKOTC (and there is even more that I didn't photograph):

I'm very excited, this is my favorite kit yet! Otherwise, nothing much going on here today.
I'm searching for my sunglasses. I've misplaced them. I've had them for years now, I know they aren't gone, just missing. You know how I know they aren't gone? I paid $5 for them at the Sunglass hut at the Mall 5 years ago. Back in the day when I was a lifeguard in high school, I bought my first pair of $60 Oakley's. I had them less than two weeks when I hit my head on the door of my car talking to a boy (smooth, very smooth) and cracked the rim. My next wake-up call came on our honeymoon. I had a really nice expensive pair of Oakley's this time. I leaned over the rail of the cruise ship and they were gone. Had them less than 2 months I think that time. That's when it finally hit me. If I pay for expensive sunglasses, they will be at the bottom of the ocean in Davey Jones' locker room on Charlie the Tuna in record time. If I had bought the cheap sunglasses instead, I promise you a diver would have re-emerged at that exact moment they fell overboard and handed them to me. So, I know my cheapies aren't gone, just missing. I'm off to look around. Happy Tuesday! Until tomorrow.

9 comments:

meganklauer said...

mmmm...looks yummy!

Pamela said...

Looks awesome!

Euphoria said...

never heard of that kit club... but that sure looks yummy! thanks for sharing!

Sarah said...

Very pretty!

Houston said...

I'll admit I sit on mine in the car often, so I always buy the cheapies... although I have one pair that continues to resurface, they must have nine lives!

Zorina said...

aww, i like that July4th kit that you got...hmmm, let me look into it again.

Linda Beeson said...

Yikes, lots of goodness!

ellen s. said...

ooooh! looks awesome!

Kelly said...

lol - that's so very true!!

Yummy yummy kit
Have a great day Danielle xxx