Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Bits and pieces

I found my sunglasses, I knew I would. Like my friend Houston says, the cheap ones have 9 lives. :)

I am working on a few things, but nothing is ready for sharing just yet. I wanted to show you one thing that I do though to get the most bang for a buck lately. I use the Cosmo cricket Elements for everything. I use my favorite designs for scrapbooking and card making, but what to do with the ones left over? I cut them all up following the lines on the paper. Then I leave a stack near my office stuff. I use them for Tags on gifts-baby gifts, birthday gifts (great if you forgot or don't have time for a card). I use them for cute notes to dh when we are at the park when he comes home, or any notes really. I'm less likely to forget the doctor's appt if it is on pretty paper. I think it's how papercrafters are wired.
I use them for tags on baked goodies-This one is for my new neighbor who just moved into the neighborhood. I feel a little dishonest, misrepresenting the neighborhood. This place is neither social nor environmentally friendly, but I felt like "Welcome to the urban jungle, here's a coffee cake, don't run over my kid with your SUV" was a little too blunt. It just said "Welcome to the neighborhood." :)I also think it would be neat to exchange recipes at a coffee or tea. Everything is just a little bit more special on pretty paper, and that's really why we do this isn't it? To make things just a little bit better for our family and friends. And a piece of Elements paper is very inexpensive for the number of tags you get, I love them. Off to go search for my mojo, maybe I wrote it down somewhere? Happy Wednesday! Until tomorrow.

8 comments:

Houston said...

I love the "real" message for the tag and the idea of using those for tags, you are super smart, as always! I thought of you yesterday when dh lugged down the recycling and I was determined to watch and see if it went in a seperate truck, but those darn waste service people came while I was at lunch!!! Glad you found your sunglasses, now if you see mine let them know I need them for our upcoming road trip, I had them yesterday afternoon...

meganklauer said...

Great ideas! Love "welcome to the neighborhood" story!

Kate said...

Love the ideas! I want some cookies!!! LOL!

Jenn O said...

So funny about sunglasses--so true!

You're always so clever, great idea using these for baked goodies!

Jennifer Davis said...

super cute tags!

audrey neal said...

great ideas!!! really cute!

liz mataraza said...

cute! i can't wait to get my hands on this new line. as for the sunglasses...the one pair i actually paid more than $10 for i left on a store counter and they were gone before i even left the store. so, no more of that!

Stacey Michaud said...

Those are the cutest ideas and so great not to waste paper! Glad you found your glasses! have a great day my friend!