Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Surprise and a project

Wow, another overcast rainy day. Fighting to keep my own spirits up in light of the many days of rain we have had. Tomorrow is supposed to be better.  Here is an altered project for me (including instructions):
I've always loved those plaques that had the Est. by  date for a family, but they seemed expensive to me. So I decided to make my own. This was my second idea. I saw a butterfly painting in pottery barn kits that I wanted to replicate in boy colors for J. Well, let's just say that was a lot harder than I thought it was going to be. It just looked like blobs of color, maybe the patterned paper was too much. So then I thought of this, and was able to use all the same supplies I had out anyway.
You will need one piece of white cardstock, and you can either print the title with the computer, use rub-ons, or stamp it. I used the computer. This is a scrap piece of paper for demonstration.
Then I used Cosmo Cricket's Flirt album as a template for the heart:
I traced around it with a pilot black pen.
Then I filled in the heart with circle punched patterned paper of Lil man and Basic Grey buttons. I did the outline first, then filled in the middle.
Supplies: Cosmo Cricket Lil Man Patterned Paper: Entire Paper Crafting kit; plus white bazzil cardstock, circle punch, pilot black pen and Basic grey Marrakech buttons.
And the surprise!! Think you have enough Cosmo? Enough is never enough! Check out the Cosmo blog for a sneak peek at the new line Early Bird, coming in May!

17 comments:

Cortney said...

Beautiful project! I just love it!

Sweet Peripety said...

ohhhh perfection dear- complete perfection!

DebW said...

It's perfect!! TFS!!

Rita said...

I love this Danielle!

OLLIE MCKAY'S ~ A Chic Boutique said...

Love your "altered" project ~ it turned out really cool!!

young said...

Great project - thanks for sharing! Hope you can endure the gray weather just a bit longer!

Lauren said...

GREAT project! And thanks for sharing the "how-to."

Jen Martakis said...

Danielle!! What a beautiful project!! It's rainy and dreary here too. :( Hope it gets sunny for us both.

Jacquie said...

I really love the stuff you have been making lately! This is no exception...it is a great idea, and I will probably lift this!

audrey neal said...

that is just gorgeous. really love how simple and striking it is...

Suz said...

Beautiful project. Thanks for the enabling at Cosmo. That line is screaming my name

*reyanna* said...

Looks fabulous! What a GREAT idea to use the album as a stencil! :)

deb famularo said...

This is beautiful Danielle, I love it! I may have to make this for myself!!!! lol xOxO

janel said...

Really really cute!
Great take, and I love the words!

Sweet Peripety said...

haha- had to come back and say that i already made a layout with some g/f from the latest sc kit! LOL! with a very similar photo! LOL!

have a great day!

Pamela said...

Oh wow! I love this!!!

Helsbells said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this project. Feeling very inspired to have a go at something similar :D