Monday, June 29, 2009

Nothing good can come of this

Oh boy:

Let me explain. No, let me sum up. It's a long story. Let's just start in the middle.  I thought my dh needed this phone for work. It turns out he didn't. The box had been torn apart by the store to get the rebate. Therefore, I am stuck with it. And every moment it is in my possession I am on edge, literally.
I subscribe to the Buddha theory that the glass is already half shattered. Which is why I am most comfortable in my old shoes, an old but well maintained car, with my cheap, free-with-the-plan phone. (Yes, the frumpie monster swallowed me whole, let's move on shall we?) When they die and go onto a better place, I can let them go. They've lived a full and ample life. Not so with brand new things. I will mourn what could have been with big crocodile tears.
I also believe the cheap sunglasses theory encompasses cell phones as well. I've had my cheapie phone forever. The phone that went in the baby pool, took a lickin' and is still ticking! If I so much as fart with the Storm in my back pocket, I'm pretty sure it's toast. The phone is presently still in the box, turned off on my counter. So, if you are trying to call my cell phone, good luck with that. :)
Wanted to show you a sneak peek of the AKOTC travel kit available on Laura's blog tonight at 8 pm PST. A very limited quantity is being offered, only 24. Lots of vintage one of a kind finds in here. So if it sounds like something you are interested in, check out more on Laura's blog today. Due to the limited quantity, the Design team didn't make layouts this month. We won't be doing any next month either since Laura will be in Europe. 
Happy Monday to you, and you and you! Until tomorrow.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahaha funny post!

Stacey Michaud said...

lucky girl--I so want that phone! You can send it to me! Just bust it open and put it to good use! Lovin that kit too! Have a gret day!

ellen s. said...

oh you have me laughing. i totally hear you. did you get insurance? lol. i got a brand new, expensive jobber and a week later i was multi-tasking {that's my excuse} and it slipped off my ear into my coffee.

you will be brilliant with it, i am sure! plus you prob. look good, too.

that kit looks awesome

Lisa said...

LOL! I can relate to so much of this story. LOVED the part about the phone being toast if you fart with it in your pocket! Ha! Gotta remember that one for future use! Try to inhale and just go for it. I'm sure you will be a good keeper of the storm! :)

Love that kit. Will have to check it out! :)

Jenn K said...

I am laughing so hard!! I totally know what you mean!! I seem very accident prone to new and especially expensive things..case in point...my new printer, within 1 week. Yes you read that right 1 week I had managed to break the paper loading tray!?@#%

Whatever...