Wow, how the time gets away from me here lately. What we've been up to since last week:
1. Lots of snow. No mail or trash pick up. That's been lots of fun. The UPS man finally broke a dry spell of nearly 2 weeks of no mail or packages yesterday. He brought me American crafts Botanique, I do and Heat wave! Lots of new thickers, embellishments, & beautiful papers (see Paige's blog here, I can't do it any better than that.) We will get Dear Lizzy and Abode in a a few weeks. Love, love the AC Winter CHA releases. This company is so good to us! Here is one from Valentine's day with the AC Valentine's line:
J is wearing an apron from a baking set my mom got at Target for $5. So cute. Dh asked me when he saw this page if J was wearing a dress. :) No dude, apron.
2. Updating my new address and phone number with the whole world. I guess this is a right of passage. I didn't know the phone number or the zip code prior to last week, now I have it committed to memory. I made my dog a new tag at Petsmart, but I messed up the phone number. :P Guess I'll be re-doing that here soon.
3. I completed 11 hours of continuing medical education, logged them and renewed my medical licenses with several states. It's a daunting process, not hard just tedious. Lots of forms. Changing my address again. :)
4. Laughing at God's sense of humor. One of the main selling points of this house for me was the fenced-in backyard. However, since we moved in it is completely filled with snow, even now. Over 3 feet still! So, my little old pug can't even use/enjoy it. We both fell on the ice yesterday on the driveway. At least he can blame it on his age/arthritis. I have no good excuses except klutziness.
5. I got tired of waiting for the mail, so I took letters and a package to the post office yesterday. Only to find they were closed for the holiday. They have been closed for a week and a half, and they got the holiday too. So, that's pretty much been my week in a nutshell (frustrating)--trying to track down people who don't show up for work anymore because it snowed, trying to go out to eat only to find it takes an over an hour to get somewhere because of "snow removal," and trying to send and receive mail only to find the post office never working/delivering/or open. Yep, trying to accomplish much will just leave you tearing your hair out so I'm just breathing deeply and moving on to more enjoyable topics.
6. Like organizing. I spent the weekend organizing my closet. This was really hard for me, I had lightly used kits from a year ago in there and I really didn't want to bust them up. But it was time, it was time to put the papers I still loved in the stash and embellishments in the container and to let the rest of it go. I'm glad I did it, and it was fun to discover things I had forgotten. But it was a lot of work organizing and sorting (and putting in the give away pile). Now I feel like I'm ready for the new CHA releases coming, the March Cocoa Daisy kit should be here any time (anytime you feel like it postman.) I also organized my stamp collection on the advice of Reyanna like this:
She works at the container store and is very knowledgeable about organizing. Very happy that my stamps are organized, thank you for that suggestion. Happy Tuesday to you! Until tomorrow.