1. Thinking about houses, the local real estate market. Talked to a mortgage lender, seems like they are still pushing people to take loans they really can't afford. Shining a spot light on our finances, trying to figure out in reality what we can afford, (and if you do that too long you'll go blind, I'm convinced!)
2. Thinking about appointments. Next week is full of appts. J finally has his speech evaluation next week that we have waited 2 months for. I'm still trying to get the audiologist to call me back so that I can make that appt. I know they will find he needs help with pronunciation, but otherwise he is talking more. I know what he is trying to say and I think that helps fill in the gaps. The rental people are coming to fix a plumbing problem next week too. There's an appt everyday, it's crazy.
3. Thinking about scrapping. Got my Studio Calico kit today, excited about that, good stuff in there. I'm just feeling a little lost I guess. I can't seem to find what I want to say, and that always gives me pause. I thought if I cleaned out my brain here it might help.
4. Thinking about J's class. Knowing I did the right thing. We went to his makeup class on Thursday and had a great time! Really! I met another mom with a little boy just like mine and we totally hit it off. We talked like sisters. J sat through the beginning circle time, nothing short of a miracle. There were tantrums, not waiting to wait for a turn, but it was so loud and so many wonderful active and spirit kids, including many little boys that it didn't even matter. I felt like everyone was either very easy going or too busy with their own kid to care. Much less judgemental and uptight than the Monday morning class. And J really connected with one of the new teachers in this class, so we switched. And to think I almost didn't go to the makeup class (from the snow). I would have missed the progress, and the amazing feeling of hope that I have. J is having a much better week this week. He has had a little growth spurt and I think that has helped his behavior so much.
5. Thinking about something I learned this week. And there were too many things that added up and merged to bring me to this point to type here. But after praying and praying for the obstacles in front of me to be removed, I finally got frustrated and realized that God either can't or won't change them. So I asked him to change me instead, to just change me so that I can handle it. And I think that has been a huge turning point.
I hope you have a good weekend!