Sunday, November 15, 2009

You Inspire you

My friend Stephanie Howell wrote a comment on my first No phase layout at 2 peas, and said: No is more like a way of life than a phase. Made me laugh so hard. And as the no phase goes into overtime and overdrive I find myself saying that: It's really more like a way of life. This layout is the follow up to the first, the sequel if you will. My newest layout featuring the you inspire you concept:

The No Phase Part 2 Layout
Supplies: American Crafts white cardstock; American Crafts Junior Patterned paper: Yah!; American Crafts Craft Fair Patterned paper: Elanore Battington; American Crafts Leaf Rocketeer Thickers; American Crafts Junior Fabric covered brads; plus Scenic Route patterned paper, October Afternoon Farm Fresh patterned paper: Chicken coop, 7Gypsies sticker and Maya Road Chipboard heart.

Long ago, I was asked to be a GDT for a challenge blog called I Inspire me (which sadly is no longer in existence). I created these layouts with the premise that the things you already own in your own home can be inspirational to you. I still really love that idea. However, my house now is in various states of disarray as I clean up, pack for the move and bring out a little christmas tree for J to play with. But I wanted to post some older examples, and a new example.
Look around your home, at everyday items and see the beauty that could be translated into a scrapbooking page or project. This requires seeing your surroundings with a fresh eye and an open mind. Just choose an inspiration piece and give it a try. Anything is fair game, but here is a list to get you started:
Jewelry Artwork/wall hanging/paintings Carpets, throw rugs, decorative pillows or throws Dishes/mugs Food in the Fridge? LOL Books, Magazines, Shampoo bottles Toys, games


I will be back later to post Cocoa Daisy Dec sneaks of the kit. Happy weekend to you! Later.

1 comment:

mademoisellechitchat said...

I especially LURVE the last LO.

Are you now in your new home?