Not you, me. The new year always stresses me out. So much to do, so much to see, we have to get on with it! I've been thinking about resolutions and I'm having a hard time honestly. Here is a list:
1. Healthy living: I already eat pretty healthy, and I am at a healthy weight. I miss the cookies and cake (and cupcakes, coffee cakes, and anything with a cake-like consistency). I could exercise formally more, but I do get exercise. We run around the playground, block and when the weather is bad the house everyday. Plus we walk the dog several times a day. And I go up and down 3 flights of steps for almost every chore you can imagine (vacuuming sucks). But, I would like an exercise program so that I can get better at something, and have fun.
2. House: Now that the garage is in order, there isn't that much to do. There is always more I could do. I plan to get some bags and store the baby clothes in space bags in a container to get lots in there. Then there will be only one container in J's closet instead of 3. Even the scrap space is in order, I should show pics. I just don't think my space is that great compared to the amazing spaces I see out there. But it's mine, it works for me, and it's organized. I should get something to hold the wrapping paper though, that would be good.
3. Money: I thought I had it under control until I read today in the WSJ that college is expected to cost 1/2 million dollars in 20 years (worst case scenario-private). Anyone else see a tuition bubble? What the heck? You would have to save $800 a month per child to have half of that in 20 years with no return (interest etc.) Community college is looking better and better.
4. Scrapbooking: I'd love to be and continue to be involved with great companies that I feel passionate about working for. And I'd like to do as many pages as I did last year. And I want to buy some more albums.
5. Mental: To continue to learn to stand in the eye of life's storms calmly. I have made enormous strides in the patience department since having children.
6. Parenting: Less talk, more action. Make my words count. Consistency. I'm pretty much in shock that he is two. Here's another layout about that:
Supplies: Cosmo Cricket Jack's World Patterned paper Playtime and Wake up (front and back); Cosmo Cricket Jack's World Blackboard Vintage number 2 and Jack's World Train with diecut sticker; plus Basic Grey Buttons, Bazzil white cardstock, and May arts black Ric Rak ribbon.
Instructions: Create photo collage in photoshop, add text and lines. Print out and mat with green patterned paper. Adhere on top of patterned paper strips. Add text to white cardstock, and then add patterned paper on top. Add Blackboard embellishments, dressing train with diecut sticker. Add buttons. Note: Studio Calico's Jan add-on Footnotes has most of the supplies seen here.
That's pretty much it. Nothing earth shattering, or exciting. Just me doing the best I can. Happy New Year everyone! Any exciting plans?
1 day ago