Thursday, August 11, 2011

Sometimes I forget. . .

Struggling today to find my motivation. It's like my get-up-and-go, got up and went. And sometimes I forget:

1. That I'm a mom of a busy 4 year old.
2. That I work a demanding full time job.
3. That I make 57+ decisions a day.
4. That I don't have a maid or a gardener. (Rats, oh well.)
5. That I don't have a cook either. (double rats)
6. Or a dog-walker. (you get the idea)
7. Or an accountant. (Argh)
8. That I'm also a wife, a daughter, sister, and friend.
9. That I have a chronic illness.
I can get so lost in my head, so busy doing the next thing. But I really believe that to call yourself a scrapbooker, you have to scrapbook. And I'm working toward scrapbooking more. This past year I've made strides to simplify and organize the house/yard. This has freed up a lot of time (of course laundry seems to eat up more than it's fair share but still). And yet, I'm still not very efficient about using that time. I can't say I'm so busy I don't have time. I know I do, I just don't know how to use the chunks I end up with. But I'm working on it. :)
I forgot to share this page for Cocoa Daisy, and now the kit is sold out with just a few add-ons for sale. It's Christmas in August:

Happy Thursday to you! Until tomorrow. (Please come fast weekend, I'm ready.)

6 comments:

alexandra s.m. said...

Love your pages and I wish you the very best!

Greetings from Chi-Town~

Chanray said...

I love this layout . I love your scrap

Unknown said...

Be gentle on yourself...you are a fantastic designer. I love the colors on this page. (((HUGS)))

Iska said...

Thanks for making me feel normal. To make you feel better, I will share a quote from my mother. She said to me one day recently, "I'm amazed that you do what you do with two kids and a full time job and you still manage to be thoughtful and giving. Moms today have to be everything. You are amazing." Now mind you, I don't hear this often, but it was wonderful to hear it from her. Thought it might make you feel good too. Hang in there.

MissusMege said...

I like the fact that although it's a Christmas Day LO it's not a traditional "Christmasy" style! It's nice to be different! :) x

Jessica said...

Love this post! I know it is so hard sometimes to fit it all in!